-2 error code and no response headers for Google Analytics

http://www.webpagetest.org/result/140616_6K_QFB/1/details/ has a 99999 result, which I understand means that there was an error with one or more requests. Looking at the requests on the page, I see that https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js and the corresponding beacon image that it loads both have an error code of -2, and have no response headers at all.

I’ve looked at the wpthook code, and see that -2 is the default error code for every response. Since there are no response headers for these requests, it seems the -2 code is the final code for these responses.

Any idea why this is happening, or what I can do to fix it? Having an overall 99999 result is interfering with some automation I’ve built around WebPagetest. I can update the automation, but I’d like to better understand what’s going on first.

Nothing you can do on your side. I’ll have to see if there’s something about that request that I’m not handling correctly. HTTPS requests from Chrome use dev tools messages to do the request processing and usually those only get reported when a response is also available so it must be a kind of response that I haven’t handled before (maybe a 204).

I opened an issue to track it so I don’t forget but I’ll see if I get some time to look at it today: https://github.com/WPO-Foundation/webpagetest/issues/256

ok, looks like there was a problem processing SPDY response headers. Should be working correctly now: http://www.webpagetest.org/result/140616_XJ_10T1/1/details/