Chrome No Test Results

I’m having a really odd issue that started on all of our nodes that appears to have just started recently.

When running a test through Chrome, the results come back “The test completed but there were no successful results.”. However:

• Tests work just fine with IE/FF
  • Tests work just fine if I log into the node and actually watch the chrome test being run.

It’s only when I reboot the machine and try to run the test without watching it does chrome fail. Given that both IE/FF are working, I don’t think it’s a problem with the login settings of the machine.

I’ve done everything I can think of, and I’m running low on ideas.

• Reboot the machine.
  • Uninstalled/re-installed Chrome
  • Updated WPT to latest (2.12) with latest WPTDriver (124)

All produce the same results. Works only if I’m logged in and watching.
[hr]
Ok, after some testing, it’s not all sites that are causing this. It appears that it’s happening on some sites, and when it happens, it locks up the WPTDriver so the next site fails in the same way. Waiting 10 minutes or so clears things up and then other sites can run. Example URL:

www.evanscycles.com

This kind of makes sense with my logging in and watching, since when I log in and watch, I can see it getting hung up on “Launching chrome”. But I don’t know why it’s getting stuck.

Hmm, I can’t reproduce it. If you grab a debug build of wptdriver that matches the release build you are running it will spit out a LOT of diagnostic info: http://www.webpagetest.org/releases/debug/

To see the debug messages you’ll need to run DebugView and configure it to capture global win32: DebugView - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs