Configure Microsoft Edge in Locations.ini

Hello,

I’m trying to configure Microsoft Edge in locations.ini. I see the entry in the WebPageTest dropdown, but when I run the test I see an “Invalid browser - Edge” error. How do I configure locations.ini so I can test with Edge?

Here are the contents of my locations.ini file:

[locations]
1=Test_loc
default=Test_loc

;
; These are the top-level locations that are listed in the location dropdown
; Each one points to one or more browser configurations
;

[Test_loc]
1=Test
label=CBFTAIRIS
group=Desktop

;
; For a wptdriver configuration (chrome, firefox), the browser labels here
; MUST match the labels used in wptdriver.ini
;

[Test]
browser=Chrome,Edge
label=“CBFTAIRIS”

Hey Jorge!

This configuration looks fine. Seems that your agent isn’t seeing a browser that corresponds to Edge (here’s where the agent is checking to find Edge wptagent/wptagent.py at 572f99eab2223cdfb0f97f289a63d3d0c136d586 · pmeenan/wptagent · GitHub)

Have you confirmed Edge is installed on your agent box?

Thank you for your reply. I should have included in my email that I was using the WebPageTest server and agent that are provided via docker images (I installed them on Windows).
There seem to be a lot of issues with these docker images, and the problem seems to be a combination of docker itself running on Windows as well as the WebPageTest docker images themselves.
My solution was to install WebPageTest agent and server natively on Windows - which was pretty painful. The documentation is very much lacking. Eventually we were able to get it to install and run successfully.

Gotcha.

Yeah…the Docker instances haven’t been updated in awhile. We’ve got some work we’re doing to clean those up and update them, but no timeline yet on when that will happen.