Emulate Mobile Browser (Experimental) For Chrome

i was wondering if the Emulate Mobile Browser (Experimental) option was available at all is the private instances of webpagetest and if the publicly available WPTDriver would support this option as well.

This will be very helpful for our mobile web crawls as we would like to test on actually mobile devices, as well as emulated mobile browsers on the Desktop.

Not yet but it will be coming in 2.11 (unless you pull from the trunk from svn in which case it is there already). Everything in WebPagetest is always available for private instances, it’s usually just a matter of when a release is cut (I’ll do one next week because there are some improvements with Speed Index and video rendering as well).

Is there a specific way to build wptdriver from the source code in the trunk with gcc so I can have an agent that can support the emulate mobile browser as well?

You are better off just grabbing the latest agent from the public server (it is what is running on WebPagetest at any given time): https://sites.google.com/a/webpagetest.org/docs/private-instances#TOC-Updating-Test-Agents

If you really want to build the code then you need Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 (non-express editions).