error instrumenting browser

Hi,

I have successfully run private instance on windows server 2008. My problem is sometimes it takes too long for the test to start. When trying to launch browser(chrome) it takes so long with the message “Launching . … .” and at the end I see "error instrumenting browser ". Then it tried to re-launch the browser and it will be able to launch the browser the 2nd try.

How can I avoid this error?

Thanks

Florante

Same problem here on Windows 7 Professional.

Anybody has come up with solution to this problem? or only two people get this error so far?

Could it be the affinity problem with multiple cores that was just fixed now?

I don’t think it’s related. The multi-threading issues should be independent of the code injection which is what appears to be failing.

• Make sure UAC is disabled and that wptdriver is running as an admin
  • Try switching DEP to only essential Windows services (though the code should be DEP safe)
  • Are you running any antivirus which may be blocking it? I use Security Essentials successfully but I’ve had issues with McAfee before.

Hi Pat, thanks for answering!

UAC disabled, DEP configured only to essential services, no antivirus and the problem still remaining.
I’m running 64 bits Windows 7, could be the problem?

Thanks!

Shouldn’t be - I use 64-bit Win 7 for agents all the time (and 32-bit and Win 8). If it was IE I’d say to make sure you were running the 32-bit version (x86 directory) but Chrome should only be available as a 32-bit browser.