missing firstView or repeatView data

Our private instance using your AMIs in EC2 suddenly developed this problem where the vast majority of tests are missing either firstView or repeatView data.

We’re using version 2.6 in us-east-1 and eu-west-1. We’ve re-spawned the agents many times with no change in behavior.

I haven’t seen a smoking gun in the logs. Any debugging hints?

Thank you.

is there a way to put the ec2 agents into an extra-debugging mode with user data?

If I remote desktop to the agents and watch them run tests, I don’t see any indication that either firstview or repeatview are having issues.

Any chance that it is a problem with posting the results back to the server? I use the same AMI’s and spin up 80 of them every night for some bulk testing we do and haven’t seen any issues.

My recommendation would be to check the post accept size for the web server as well as php (file size and post size in php) and make sure the disk where they write the files has plenty of space.

Otherwise, it also wouldn’t hurt to make sure you have the latest test agents, just so you’re running the same configuration that I am: https://sites.google.com/a/webpagetest.org/docs/private-instances#TOC-Updating-Test-Agents