Mobile iPhone testing Guide?

I’ve been tasked to get our private instance connected to an iPhone 8 somehow and was wondering if anyone had a recent guide on how to go about that. Seems like this is the official documentation: https://sites.google.com/a/webpagetest.org/docs/private-instances/node-js-agent/setup

It mentions iPhone setup is work in progress and that I’d need to jailbreak the phone which I’m not sure is possible with a phone I’d have to buy to do this. Any tips on getting this to work are appreciated.

Sorry, those are the old docs for the old agent. Here is the new iOS info (no jailbreak required): GitHub - WPO-Foundation/iWptBrowser: wkWebView browser shell for iOS WebPagetest agent (integrates with wptagent)

There is a link to the walkthrough at the end. That is for the device setup, it needs a tethered Raspberry pi to drive it (like that Android devices) and uses the regular wptagent. There is an automated script for configuring the pi that will configure it for iOS (the libimobiledevice binaries): GitHub - WPO-Foundation/wptagent-install: Automated scripts for installing dedicated wptagent instances

Thanks so much for this, Patrick. Looks like some decent instructions on the device walk-through, but which part of the RasPi process takes several hours? Just trying to see if it’s even worth my time to attempt. Appreciate your help in advance.

The libimobiledevice and ffmpeg binaries need to be built from source and it takes quite a while to do. You don’t have to actually do anything and can leave it running, it is just time consuming. Once you have a working image you can just clone the sd card if you’re setting up multiple devices.