Since the visual refresh of that page, I’ve found that it is way less usable to me than the previous version.
- The search term and period are not reflected in the URL. Two ways this affects me:
- I can’t bookmark a search anymore.
- When clicking on a result, pressing the back button will clear the search term and period. Because of this, I’ve learned to always open results in a new tab but from time to time, I’ll forget and this is quite annoying.
- Type a search term then select a period: The search will not take the search term into account and clear the field. I have to remember to press Enter after typing the term.
- The Run Date is a more important information than the User Email or API Key used. Yet, the Run date is the last column and invisible in a lot of viewports.
- I seem to remember that we could see more characters of the tested URL in the previous version (but I’m a bit fuzzy on that). This is important because a lot of the early characters are shared between tests with the same protocol and domain.
Overall, I was a happy user of the previous version of this page and I wouldn’t mind if it returned in its previous form. Happy to provide more details if my explanations or use cases are unclear.