REST API - how to override connectivity

Hey!
I’m interested in overriding connectivity settings in REST API, I know that I can set bwDown, bwUp params but it would be nice to override them with single param.

I was looking at runtest.php and found that location param may hold optional settings like ‘location:browser.connectivity’

For connectivity I should use values from conectivity.ini however I’m not sure about browser. I was submitting blank browser with ‘Cable’ connectivity and it works fine for IE but breaks for wptdriver - the test is submitted but never complete succesfully.

Is it supported or I should rather stick to bwDown, bwUp?

I’ve found some examples on wiki:https://sites.google.com/a/webpagetest.org/docs/advanced-features/webpagetest-restful-apis

It looks like it’s enough to append ‘.{connectivity}’ to instance name and it works for me, ‘:{browser}’ is optional.

yes, sorry. Browser is optional and not used for IE agents. For connectivity you can also specify custom and then pass the individual settings for bandwidth, latency and packet loss (though since it’s a private instance you could also just define your own named-values).