WebPageTest has a new login system - please read

As part of modernizing WebPageTest we have moved the user accounts to a real account management system instead of leveraging the accounts provided by the previous forums software. As part of this move, you will need to re-register your account.

It is highly recommended that you register for a new account using the same email address that you used for the previous account that you used with WebPageTest. If you use the same email address then your test history will follow you to the new account and your user ID in the forums will also follow your account.

3 Likes

Hi - I have logged in with all the email addresses I can think of but none of my historic tests have followed me - this is a bit of a problem for me :frowning:

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, I just created a new account using my old Google-linked account email, and it brought over all of my test history. I had a brief heart attack before I found them.

3 Likes

Hi Patrick,

I have a concern about the new login system.

When I pasted in a password generated by 1Password I discovered the password must be

1. Max 32 characters
  2. Password cannot contain whitespace < > or &# symbols

With these restrictions, is the password being securely hashed behind the scenes? If it is, why the limitations on the password?

1 Like

@PeterB Good questions!

Passwords are absolutely securely stored…no plain text here. I think the max 32 characters is just a holdover from what Catchpoint’s portal has been using—no particular reason (other than probably some decision made a long time ago in a land far away).

For the special character limitations, as I understand it, it has something to do with the SQL injection defense layer.

Anyway, long story short: Yes, passwords are properly and securely hashed, not stored in plain text

1 Like

My password has characters !^ so it’s interesting that only some (code like) special characters are restricted.

1 Like

Hi all - the new UI and forum look great! I’m having an issue with the login/sign-up though:

• the sign-up screen is giving me a “User already registered” message
    note: i have a catchpoint account linked to my email - not sure if that’s related?
  • when i try to login with my old WPT credentials, I do get a captcha but it just keeps refreshing
    note: per my password vault, my old login was just a username/password (not email)
  • i went through the “Forgot password” process with my email and now i get “Invalid Credentials: No active contact found. Please verify that all invitations have been accepted.”
    Help?
1 Like

@Marcel_Verkerk I think the system would have pulled your existing Catchpoint account info over (login, hopefully password). @Sahil_Shah should know for sure but we can take a look.

I do know that it did not migrate your existing WebPageTest credentials over so it wouldn’t have been those.

1 Like

Try logging into the WebPageTest login page using the Catchpoint credentials (or using forgot password from the WebPageTest login page). You’ll get different errors if you try to log into the Catchpoint portal directly.

1 Like

@pmeenan - thx for the response - your suggestion is exactly what i tried & I setup a new password but with that i get a “Invalid Credentials: No active contact found. Please verify that all invitations have been accepted.” message (i don’t have any invitations to be accepted because i did “forgot password”) … maybe catchpoint support folks can help out?

note: i think there’s something about the “no active account found” portion of the message …
When i try to login with a random password, i get “Unable to log in. Please verify the email and/or password provided.”

1 Like

The pull-down option default is “1 Day”. Try changing the selected option to “1 Year”.

1 Like

@Marcel_Verkerk

Apologies for the inconvenience.
It should be fixed now.
Can you try initiating login now from here Login?

1 Like

Hi @Sahil_Shah - thanks for looking into this! I’m still getting the same error “Invalid Credentials: No active contact found. Please verify that all invitations have been accepted.” and that was in an incognito browser window - i’m using mverkerk@godaddy.com as the username and the new password that i recently created…

1 Like

Hey, Sorry.

Will take a look shortly.
Will keep you posted and should have a fix (right one) this time.

1 Like

Hey @Sahil_Shah - the invitation email i received has worked! I can now login with my email and will use that going forward. Thanks again for the help! - marcel

2 Likes

It too me so many days to realise this and now I have found it. A lot of my team members have been using WPT and I have been logged into an account for an year. Switched laptop and logins do not work. Forget password doesn’t work either. I pull my hairs, go bald and then create a new account. I land on to forums and notice this post.

1 Like