Working with Raw Data

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right spot to post this, but here goes. I am in the process of putting together a PHP app to take advantage of the REST API on webpagetest.org and a local instance I am trying to install and ran into something unexpected. I was looking at the raw data files, and headers text file doesn’t appear to use any delineators for the data. However, the other two text files (pageData and requestsData) do. Is there a reason for this and does anyone have any suggestions on how to grab the data out of that first, non-delineated file?

Thanks
Keith

From the REST API your best bet is probably to grab the HAR files for the test which will have structured JSON data for the page, requests and headers. If it’s not in the xmlResult call as an URL I can add it (it’s basically just /export.php?test= )

Pat,

Thanks. I have one other question. What is the format of the date returned in the xml via REST?

Thanks
Keith

Sorry, looks like it’s just a concatenation of the date and time fields reported from the test system. Looks like that would be: mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS

Also looks like it’s currently captured in local time of the test machine instead of something useful like GMT :frowning:

I am a bit confused on the date format. I took a look at one of the tests we ran on webpagetest.org, (http://www.webpagetest.org/xmlResult/110309_HA_4FAM/) and the date shown in the XML is 1299704739. That doesn’t seem to match up to any format that I am aware of. Can you shed some light on it?

Thanks
Keith[hr]
Never mind. I had a brain fart. Sorry about that.

Thanks
Keith