After upgrade to v2.15 only IE9 registers

I am at a bit of a loss any help would be greatly appreciated. Cant get EC2 AMIs to register in WPTv2.15.

Thanks in advance for your help

I recently updated our private instance of WebPageTest to 2.15. I think the previous version was a pull of master at github after v2.14 was released, so previous version was not exactly v2.14.

Update process:

Simple, renamed www folder of version 2.14. Uploaded v2.15. Copied locations.ini, settings.ini and connections.ini from v2.14 to v2.15.

So the ini configurations in the settings folder, and all other settings for that matter, as far as I can tell, should be exactly the same.

The problem is that although the ini configurations in the settings folder should be the same, only IE9 is registering in V2.15.

I’ve tested using the same set of EC2 AMIs. I just rename the webpagetest root folder to activate one version or the other. When v2.14 is active all the EC2 AMIs (browsers) register properly and I am able to successfully run performance tests using all of them. But, when v2.15 is active only the IE9 AMI registers - I am able to successfully run IE9, Chrome and Firefox tests.

I can switch back and forth and get the same results. Thinking there may be some sort of cached configuration, I’ve even terminated all the EC2 AMIs and launched new ones with the same results.

work/jobs/update folder, for both WPT versions, has the most recent update files.

I’ve also checked the Apache error logs and the only mention related to WebPageTest was the feeds.php file erroring out.

We test IE7, IE8, IE9, IE10, IE11, Chrome, and FireFox. AMIs listed in the locations.ini file (below) are the ones currently being used for peformance tests.

Locations.ini file contents:

[locations]
1=US_E
;2=US_W
;3=US_W2
;4=SA_E
;5=EU_W
;6=AP_SE
;7=AP_NE
default=US_E

;
; ****** US-East (Virginia) *****
;

[US_E]
1=US_East_IE7
2=US_East_IE8
3=US_East
4=US_East_wptdriver
5=US_East_IE10_wptdriver
6=US_East_IE11_wptdriver
label="US_E"
lat=38.954980
lng=-77.447956
default=US_East

[US_East_IE7]
; AMI: ami-fe689397
; user-data: wpt_server=ourtestdomain.com wpt_key=removed wpt_location=US_East_IE7
browser=IE 7
latency=0
label="US East (Virginia) -  IE7"
key=removed

[US_East_IE8]
; AMI: ami-406f9429
; user-data: wpt_server=ourtestdomain.com wpt_key=removed wpt_location=US_East_IE8
browser=IE 8
latency=0
label="US_East (Virginia) - IE8"
key=removed

[US_East]
; AMI: ami-0f7eae66
; user-data: wpt_server=ourtestdomain.com wpt_key=removed wpt_location=US_East_IE9
browser=IE 9
latency=0
label="US_East (Virginia) - IE9"
key=removed

[US_East_wptdriver]
;uses same instance as US_East
browser=Chrome,Firefox
latency=0
label="US East (Virginia)"

[US_East_IE10_wptdriver]
; AMI: ami-7720261e
; user-data: wpt_server=ourtestdomain.com wpt_key=removed wpt_location=US_East_IE10
browser=IE 10
latency=0
label="US_East (Virginia) IE10"
key=removed

[US_East_IE11_wptdriver]
; AMI: ami-4f202626
; user-data: wpt_server=ourtestdomain.com wpt_key=removed wpt_location=US_East_IE11
browser=IE 11
latency=0
label="US_East (Virginia) IE11"
key=removed

WPTv2.14 Install Check

WPTv2.14 Get Locations

WPTv2.15 Install Check

WPTv2.15 Get Locations

Do you see the requests for work/getwork.php for the locations that aren’t registering? Try nuking the {docroot}/tmp directory in case something got stuck in a bad state.

Hi Patrick,

Whoot!!! That did. Awesome! Thanks!