Can I get an expert opinion on what to do about my website....

http://www.webpagetest.org/result/110429_V3_GV5V/

All of a sudden…website went from rockin to nothing…can I get some advise…getting advice from my host yahoo! shopping is almost impossible…thanks,kb

The first thing that I noticed from the waterfall is the the connection getting re-opened everytime. Can you check the sever config to see why the server is closing the connection after for each response?

Try combining the possible images and deliver as CSS sprite which can save time.

What do you mean by “rockin to nothing”? Did your performance get really slow or was it your traffic that dropped? I went back for a year in the test history and didn’t find any previous tests.

If you’re trying to figure out why it’s slow then we can help but if you’re trying to figure out why traffic dropped you’re going to need to do a lot of investigation with analytics and things like that.

Thanks for your time…traffic is on rise…traffic never dropped…it just went from busy to dead in a matter of a week…traffic increased a bit…conversations with yahoo! shopping netted nothing in the way of information…pics were optimized to make sure page speed was good and according to google it is…no complaints from customers that they could not shop the site…but conversions tanked…people hitting the order button is up…number of orders is down…which leads me to believe there is a problem with Yahoo!..nothing I can find in analytics in google or yahoo gives me the answers I need…

I talked to Yahoo tech today and told them your comment “The first thing that I noticed from the waterfall is the the connection getting re-opened everytime. Can you check the sever config to see why the server is closing the connection after for each response?”…and Yahoo said that is the way their server works…? and the store is designed with css style sheets…

Wow, those are completely unrelated. You just have to love tier-one tech support. They are basically just trying to get you off the phone.

Nothing in the performance testing is going to tell you why conversions are tanking on Yahoo. For that you’re going to have to work with Yahoo and open tickets to see if there are any known issues or if there were any changes around the time when they started to tank. Did you make any changes that coincided with the drop?

I’ve never built anything on top of Yahoo’s shopping platform so I don’t know what kind of analytics they provide but you should probably investigate adding your own analytics (didn’t look like Google Analytics were on the page) and doing some funnel/conversion analysis to see where they are dropping out. If it’s in yahoo’s systems then you need to reach out to their support contacts (or vote with your feet and move the store to another platform).