[Solved] Something going haywire help please

[Solved Edit:
I changed hosting and problems disappeared. Now back to further speed optimizations.

I read on WPT forums that it is either the DOM or Server Configuration when there are severe issues. In this case it was the server configuration. Support at the former host was lacking so the move was imperative.] End Edit.

Two weeks ago I was working to optimize for the first time and had this heavy Wordpress homepage finally coming down to a 4-1/2 second load.

I am now so slow I am off other tool’s charts but WPT still finishes. It’s bad.

After that first effort I needed to stop and do other things. Meanwhile something has changed. Don’t know what.

The only thing that I can think of is maybe a plugin update got done but I can’t isolate it if that is the cause.

I made the keep-alive adjustment and it helped but not enough. I will work on cache next but right now the way this is I won’t have to worry about return visitors.

I need pro input because the chart does not even look right (to me).

http://www.webpagetest.org/result/150827_ZA_9GZ/

This is a traceroute test if it helps:
http://www.webpagetest.org/result/150827_DZ_9VA/

Here is my htacess if it helps:

BEGIN WordPress

RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

END WordPress

Keep-Alive Connections

Header set Connection keep-alive

END Keep-Alive

301 Redirect www to non-www

RewriteEngine On RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.(.*) [NC] RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://%1/$1/ [R=301,NC,L]

END 301 Redirect www to non-www

# Insert filters AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/plain AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/xml AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/xml AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/xhtml+xml AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/rss+xml AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-javascript AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-httpd-php AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-httpd-fastphp AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE image/svg+xml

Drop problematic browsers

BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 gzip-only-text/html
BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4.0[678] no-gzip
BrowserMatch \bMSI[E] !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html

Make sure proxies dont deliver the wrong content

Header append Vary User-Agent env=!dont-vary

Deny from env=BlockCountry

SetEnvIf GEOIP_COUNTRY_CODE DZ BlockCountry

(…lots and lots more country codes…)

Deny from env=BlockCountry