Chrome error on profile

Hello,

I installed a private instance and an agent that should test my website within this server.

The problem is that i receive the error displayed in the screenshot filled in attachments.

The test which is run in another computer (my local pc) the test can be performed successfully, but not on all cases…

Can you help me please ?

I have experience same problem when testing wpt 3.0 and the newest agent.
Both server and agent is at the same WIndows Server 2012 R2 machine.

I have tried to use another version of Chrome, but this does not help.

Did you find a solution jperciot?

I also am seeing this. However, I seem to be getting it on the repeat views. The waterfalls still show up, but the repeat views show a screenshot indicating that the profile could not be loaded. This is occurring consistently on some of my Windows 2012 Chrome test agents, and intermittently on others.

Not for now…

Hello,

I have the same issue on Windows Server 2012 standard with Chrome.
I need to use this browser to test a mobile website.

Is there someone from webpagetest website who can help us ?

Thanks in advance

We faced the same issue today, I spent some time clearing out profiles from Chrome, this is the steps I took:

1. Stop wptdriver from running
  2. Go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall Chrome
  3. Go to C:\Users<user>\AppData\Local\ and delete the Google directory and all sub-directories
  4. Go to C:\Users<user>\AppData\Roaming\ and check there is no profile directory created by WebPageTest - if there is delete the google/chrome folder that resides within (if it exists)
  5. It may also be worth looking in the \AppData\Local\ and \AppData\Roaming\ directories of other user accounts on the machine, in case there is some data in there.
  6. Open wptdriver again and allow it to reinstall Chrome
  7. Once installed I then opened Chrome and no profile error was displayed

We have a series of tests that will run over the long weekend (we’re in the UK so public holiday time, hooray!), I am crossing my fingers that this problem does not happen again - I’ll report back here if I do see the issue again.

Alex

Thanks AlexTM for your help.
Unfortunately I have always the issue.

I did everything you said but in step 6, wptdriver dis not installed Chrome (the window “installing…” remains displayed for 3 hours doing nothing). So I installed Chrome manually but the bug remains…

Maybe Chrome has to be installed by wptdriver ?

Is there something to do to make Chrome installed by wptdriver ?

Hi Oog

I had the same error and the problem for me was that the path for chrome, set in the wptdriver.ini was wrong. I had to change exe="C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" to exe="C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"

Has anyone else seen this issue happen?

It started happening again on one of our private instances. I uninstalled Chrome, manually deleted the profile directories, and then let wptdriver handle the chrome installation. Once installed it continued showing the profile error.

So I cleared Chrome and profiles down again, instead of letting wptdriver install Chrome I manually installed it myself. I’ve not seen the profile error since.

Incidentally our private instances sit there all day running tests for WPT, the only time we ever login to them is if we notice tests are going wrong.

Would be good to get acknowledgment from a WPT dev that this is a bug, at least to confirm that it’s not something I am doing to cause it.