Compare Run results for Repeat view unavailable

In the previous version of WebPageTest we could compare two runs both in First View and Repeat view; but post the upgrade in Test History tab I’m not seeing such capability any more for comparing results for repeat view.
There’s only 1 checkbox for comparing two runs that compares only First view. Can you guys please look into it and provide that feature again?

1 Like

@pmeenan If you can please look into this as it’s sort of a blocker for me in doing the analysis.

1 Like

The test history page is in the process of being reworked but it shouldn’t stop you from accessing it. If you click the “Advanced Comparison Options” link in the filmstrip view it shows you the query params that can be used to change what is viewed. To see a repeat (cached) view of a test, add a -c:1 after the test ID in the list of tests= in the URL and it will display the repeat view run.

1 Like

@pmeenan Thanks for your quick response… But adding -c:1 is comparing the repeat view vs first view of that specific run itself; which actually isn’t my goal
My requirement is let’s say: I want to compare repeat view(2nd run) of URL 1 vs repeat view (3rd run) of URL2.
How can I achieve the same? Kindly, share me the syntax for the same. This is what I’m exactly looking forward to.

1 Like

The URL has a comma-separated list of tests that are being compared. tests=xxxxx,yyyyy,zzzzzz

The options are applied individually to each of the test ID’s. What you mentioned would look like:

tests=XXXXXX-r:2-c:1,YYYYY-r:3-c:1

If the runs you selected are actually the median runs for each yest you can just leave the -r: option out and leave the -c:1 for “cached”.

You can also label each one in the UI to make it easier with a -l:Test+1 (or whatever you want the label for each to be).

1 Like

@pmeenan Thanks a lot…This worked out !!
:+1:

1 Like