Dulles, VA - iPhone 4 iOS 5.1 Why Such Big Document Complete End Time?

Hi,

I’ve received feedback that a site when viewed on the iPhone is taking a long time to load.

Here is a test I did with WPT: http://www.webpagetest.org/result/150223_E8_R1K/1/details/

When I did similar tests with WPT but with other settings the load time is around between 1 - 2 seconds.

Only for iPhone type test scenarios the site is showing excessive load time of more then 50 seconds.

If anyone can see what the problem might be that causes problems for iPhone devices I would very much like to learn more what I can do about it.

For now I’ve disabled caching, but even with caching the long document complete time is still happening.

Are there any specific test options I can use to track down the offending element(s) that causes the long load time?

Thanks in advance.

Problem has been identified to one single line of css.

text-shadow: 0px 0px 20px #999, 0px 01px 170px #888, 0px 0px 160px #000, 0px 4px 60px #666, 0px 1px 0px #555, 0px 1px 0px #000, 0px 1px 0px #333, 0px 1px 3px #000;

One single line of css code brings down a whole page to a screeching halt for certain mobile devices.

Go figure …