Jobqueue stays empty

Hello All,

I’ve got some problems with configuring Webpagetest private instance version 2.16.

WPT is running on dedicted Linux Ubuntu (14.04) machine with FFMPEG compiled.
/install page says everything is okay.

Agent (WPT driver) is running on separate Windows 2012 standard server with AviSynth and DUMMYNET ipfw driver installed.

/getLocations.php and /install says Agent is connected.

I’m also seeing WPTdriver polling the server in Apache logs like this:

GET /work/getwork.php?shards=1&reboot=1&location=Local-WPTDriver&software=wpt&version=… HTTP/1.1" 200 0 “-” “WebPagetest Driver”

Every time I submit a test, some files are generated in /tmp folder:

  • 4aa3cd379a49804e3fb99ee6825e0972ed440eea.queue.gz
  • Local-WPTDriver.tests
  • wpt_cron.dat

There are also folders created according to Location name in /work/jobs, but directory stays empty.

Error message on WPT after submitting a test:

The testing completed but failed.
Failed to launch the browser

It looks like for some reason the jobqueue is not getting filled, (/work/jobs), so agent doesn’t find any jobs to process.

It’s hard to debug, I can’t find any specific errors that point in the right direction. Tried debug=1 , strace, Xdebug etc.
I’ve also tried different locations.ini files (did only some location name changes) I found on the Net but gave same results.

Please help! Thnx!

.Ini files below:


Time Limit=120
;Automatically install and update support software (Flash, Silverlight, etc)

exe=“C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe”
options=’–load-extension="%WPTDIR%\extension" --user-data-dir="%PROFILE%" --no-proxy-server’

exe=“C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe”
options=’-profile “%PROFILE%” -no-remote’

exe=“C:\Program Files\Safari\Safari.exe”

exe=“C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”[/code]



; These are the top-level locations that are listed in the location dropdown
; Each one points to one or more browser configurations


; These are the browser-specific configurations that match the configurations
; defined in the top-level locations. Each one of these MUST match the location
; name configured on the test agent (urlblast.ini or wptdriver.ini)

; For a wptdriver configuration (chrome, firefox), the browser labels here
; MUST match the labels used in wptdriver.ini


The browser path in wptdriver.ini will need to change for Chrome and Firefox on 64 bit windows e.g.

exe="C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
exe="C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"


Works like a charm now :smiley: