Leverage Browser Caching Problems :(

Ok, so i have W3 Total Cache on my wp site, however, something is not caching correctly because I keep being told by webpagetest and google’s page speed to Leverage My Browser Cache and it gives me a list of mainly PNG images… but a couple jpgs also.

So I went into my htaccess file and manually changed it to these settings in the appropriate section:

ExpiresByType image/png “access 1 year”
ExpiresByType image/jpg “access 1 year”

But I am still getting these errors / notices… :frowning:

What am I doing wrong?

I should also add that the images they list with a 4 hour expiration time tend to be images used by the theme… do I need another htaccess file somewhere else… like where these images reside? I am confused.

If certain images are loaded from another server, it is the responsibility of that server to set up the expires. You can only control the expiration time of the images loaded from your own server.

Can you post the link to your test results?

If you are loading offsite content (for instance, dyanmic API or hotlinked images) then you do not have the rights to set the expiration time for this media! Try changing any non-local content to be cached locally or removing it and see if that solves your problems!

Exactly. You think you can set expiry dates for images that you don’t have any control over. If they are images used by the theme, maybe you should contact the theme’s creator (if it is a paid theme) and see what he suggests.
[color=#efefef]replica watch[/color] [color=#efefef]replica watch blog[/color] [color=#efefef]replica watches[/color] [color=#efefef]Swiss replica watches[/color]