locations.ini configuration & 2.4 release questions

Hello,

I wanted to ask a couple of things, one as it relates to the recent 2.4 release and the second which is just a little oddity I have noticed and never vocalized.

1. In the 2.4 release of agent there is a “pagetest (2).dll” which appear to be identical (diff). Is this just some cruft in the release?

2. I have a question about locations.ini in the settings folder, specifically, given the following example configuration:

[Foo_IE8] browser=IE 8 browserExe=pagetest.exe latency=0 label=Internet Explorer 8

The displayed result in the GUI is “IE 8” and not “Internet Explorer 8” as one would expect. The application of quotes does not seem to help at all either. If one reverses the values of browser and label, the expected behavior takes place and the friendly descriptor is applied. What is the purpose of the label value?

Thanks,

Aaron

1 - Thanks for catching that. Yes, it’s cruft that somehow snuck into the release. I’ll see if I can update the zip on googlecode.

2 - The “label” is used when you look at the test results (at the top of the page when it tells you where the test was run from). If you have multiple geographic regions you’d do something like “France IE 8”, etc. The browser= is what shows up in the dropdown and can be anything you want.

Thanks,

-Pat

One last question, is there an escape sequence? I have seen characters like ‘()’ and ‘,’ make the drop down go all sad. Not critical, more a curiosity.

You can put the string in quotes but () still don’t work in the dropdown (and I haven’t spent a lot of time figuring it out - I’m sure I’m not correctly escaping something).

Some have a great relationship and configuration.

wow gold
wow po

Some have a great relationship and configuration.

wow gold
wow po