Mysterious async css

Hi!
When looking at these tests results (http://www.webpagetest.org/result/160609_HP_4edfeee9dc5e93ae6949d1c8406086ef/#run8), I don’t understand how the CSS is lazy loaded. Looking at the source, it uses plain elements, there’s no inline critical styles, and I couldn’t see a CSS loader in the JS. Anyone knows what’s going on here? I can’t even reproduce the same results in my local Chrome (stylesheets are downloaded & parsed before DOMContentLoaded = no async css).
Thanks!
Laurent

Hey Laurent

anything to do with the plain old fashioned link elements not being in the head, I wonder?

I haven’t tried to reproduce, but it always used to be the case (long time ago I tried this) that in Chrome, putting the css in the body was a nice hack to get other resources downloading in ||.

N

BTW: The quarter second DNS look up on the res.cloudinary.com might be ameliorated with a dns prefetch?

The CSS is loaded async using javascript for me. With some inline styles, mainly the above the fold styles by the looks of it.

You can see this by viewing the source code and searching for “.css” to see how it’s loaded. There are some standard elements but these are wrapped in noscript tags.

This was on the home page, I’m not sure if there is a difference on other pages or if/when logged in.