I have some behavior happening in our newly spun up EC2 Autoscaled AMI setup that is not expected. I’ll try and explain what is going on as best I can:
- The Min and Max settings seem to work as the min is always correct and we never go above the max.
- For some reason unknown to me we always seem to have a recently terminated instance in AWS and a relatively new one I assume spun up in its place.
- Unfortunately, this one instance that is spun up in its place does not seem to respond to testing queues.
- We actually have to cause the autoscaling to kick in for a new instance, which then will pick up the queue correctly.
- This newly spun up instance seems to work fine, but once we slow our testing, things will get terminated and the process begins again.
- I’m a bit of an AWS novice so this may be an AWS specific thing that I am not familiar with.
- Is this normal behavior?
- If not, does anyone know of any settings we may have set incorrectly off the top of their head?
- Regarding the default location setting in settings.ini - Is it possible to have multiple locations in there as well? We would like to have individual autoscaling per location as they all have different needs.
- Is there some AWS setting that I can check that might explain this behavior?
Any help would be highly appreciated, thank you!