Private instance not returning connectivity field

I’ve been playing around with WPT, and am looking to maybe use it standalone, or in combination with other tools. I have a private instance running, which was not set up by me.

At the moment I’m looking at the sitespeed integration option, but whenever I submit a test to our WPT, it returns correctly, but it has no ‘connectivity’ field set in its response. The (sitespeed) response parser seems to expect such a field, as it tries to do a .toLowerCase on the response.data.connectivity object, without a null check, causing it to error out.

I’ve set connectivity.ini.sample to connectivity.ini, and I’ve also seen that if I don’t specify a connectivity, it will send “Cable” as default, but I don’t see it being returned in the response.

Any idea what might be missing from our WPT instance configuration causing it to not return connectivity fields in its response? Any steps I could take to verify what is happening where?

Many thanks,

belgianguy

Just took a look at the JSON results for my private instance of WPT and it did include the connectivity field.

Questions that come to mind:

• Is the API request going out to WPT including a connection profile?
  • Anything interesting related to this in the PHP error logs?

Hi josephscott, I think I’ve uncovered what went wrong, my suspicions were the dummynet installation was not complete as I found a post on this forum where a user was only able to do tests when he had “connectivity=LAN” set on his desktop agent, and his test would not run if he did not have it set (commented out/deleted connectivity field from agent in locations.ini). I knew I had a similar problem.

So I rechecked the installation steps. Turns out the “copy the files from the 32bit or 64bit folder to the dummynet folder” was never completed. The service, however, was installed, which threw me off earlier.

This also explained why we had to hardcode our connectivity in our 2 agent profiles.

So I assume hardcoding the connectivity=LAN for desktop and connectivity=“WiFi” for the mobile agent would prevent WPT from returning a connectivity in its response?

After copying these files, I now can submit jobs with custom connectivity (3G, Cable, …) and I also see it appear in its response.

Thanks for the input!