Private instance

Hi, I am trying to setup private wpt instance and i followed the instructions (i think :-)) and when i goto http://127.0.0.1, i see the php source code instead of the homepage. Can someone help me with this. The code looks like this…

<?php include 'common.inc'; if (array_key_exists('bulk', $_GET)) { $settings['noBulk'] = 0; } if (!array_key_exists('noBulk', $settings)) $settings['noBulk'] = 0; // see if we are overriding the max runs if (isset($_COOKIE['maxruns'])) { $settings['maxruns'] = (int)$_GET['maxruns']; } if (isset($_GET['maxruns'])) { $settings['maxruns'] = (int)$_GET['maxruns']; setcookie("maxruns", $settings['maxruns']); } if (!isset($settings['maxruns'])) { $settings['maxruns'] = 10; } if (isset($_REQUEST['map'])) { $settings['map'] = 1; } // load the secret key (if there is one) $secret = ''; if (is_file('./settings/keys.ini')) { $keys = parse_ini_file('./settings/keys.ini', true); if (is_array($keys) && array_key_exists('server', $keys) && array_key_exists('secret', $keys['server'])) { $secret = trim($keys['server']['secret']);

Your web server isn’t properly configured to serve php. Are you running apache?

Yes Pat. I have installed Apache 2.2. Do i need to configure Apache? i haven’t done any configuration other than installing it.

Yes, you also need to install PHP and get it working. If you are running everything on a single Windows box then Andy Davies did a step-by-step guide that may help - Configuring an ‘all-in-one’ WebPageTest Private Instance

Hi wptuser

Did you find solution for your issue, i am getting same error even after configuration same as given in Andy’s blog.

Greetings

Don’t know if this will help or not, but if you followed the instructions in Andy’s blog exactly, there may be a couple of minor changes necessary. On his httpd.conf line:

LoadModule php5_module “C:\Program Files\PHP\php5apache2_2.dll”

be sure that you’re using the correct ‘/’ character on your path statements (not the one shown on his example), that the path to your PHP folder is correct (it might be C:/Program Files (x86)/PHP), and that the version of the .dll matches what you’ve actually installed. I’m running a bit newer version, so mine is:

LoadModule php5_module “C:/Program Files/PHP/php5apache2_4.dll”

I seem to remember those tripping me up on the first install.

Robert

I’ll check my installation and fix that line if necessary.

Using WebPagetest (book we’e writing O’Reilly) will have a full set of installation instructions for private instances, including Android and iOS devices