Hi there. I was wondering if someone could offer some insights regarding how I could speed up time to first byte on my Wordpress site. I have gone through the steps I’ve seen recommended in the forum, as well as anything else I could find, but still have a TTFB of about 2 seconds, which I’d very much like to cut down. See http://www.webpagetest.org/result/110717_2K_12RSA/1/details/ for the results of the page test.
What I’ve done so far:
- ensure I have the latest versions of Wordpress and all plugins
- installed and activated everything I could in W3 Total Cache for a shared server
- started using Cloudflare, which seems to be working
- installed and activated the Use Google libraries plugin
- optimized databases and deleted tables no longer needed
- used an optimization plugin to remove all old revisions
Even after having done all of that, TTFB seems rather high. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.