v 2.6; IE, Chrome: Waterfall is missing

Hi,
could you please help me to debug issue with missing Waterfall breakdown with my private installation?
I’ve read troubleshooting section and verified that libraries are installed:
[PHP_GD2]
extension=php_gd2.dll
[PHP_ZIP]
extension=php_zip.dll

What else can be wrong?
My setup is: Win 7 x64, IE9, Chrome 18.0.1025.151, Firefox 11
connectivity=LAN in locations.ini

1. When I run test with Chrome it succeeds to generate full report, except the Waterfall. I can see screenshots of page, content breakdown with pie charts, etc.
    Report folder contains following files:
    1_bodies.zip
    1_IEWPG.txt.gz
    1_IEWTR.txt.gz
    1_progress.csv.gz
    1_report.txt.gz
    1_screen.jpg
    1_screen_doc.jpg
    1_screen_render.jpg
    breakdown.json
    out
    testinfo.ini
    testinfo.json.gz

2. IE is probably having some issues because “Tools/AOL Pagetest” crashes browser with following message in Event Viewer:
    Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 9.0.8112.16421, time stamp: 0x4d76255d
    Faulting module name: pagetest.dll, version: 2.2.0.312, time stamp: 0x4f4670c8
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000d9fc
    Faulting process id: 0xba8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cd1678f5fd1d92
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Webpagetest.org\agent\pagetest.dll
    Report Id: 3d7dbb72-826c-11e1-aa57-028037ec0200

Do you get no waterfall image at all for Chrome or a waterfall with no content? Any chance you are testing a HTTPS page? If so then it’s a known issue where the chrome agent can’t see HTTPS requests.

Hi Patrick,

while my post was in the pending state I realized that waterfall was missing due to PHP 5.2.x which I used. After upgrade to 5.3.5 I got everything working, at least with IE9. Still struggling to get Firefox and Chrome working, but it’s a different topic.

Can you please update documentation (https://sites.google.com/a/webpagetest.org/docs/private-instances#TOC-System-Requirements) and change required PHP version?

best regards,
/Konstantin

Docs updated, thanks for the heads-up. Been meaning to also fix the requirement and get it working on 5.2.x again but it hasn’t been a huge priority so updating the docs is best :slight_smile:

I’m having the same issue, but it seems I can’t get the waterfall to work with neither 5.2 nor with a recent upgrade to 5.3.14. I get the first line of detail output on the second page. No errors in php log, however I do get the following error in the apache error log:
[Fri Jun 29 08:15:03 2012] [error] [client 64.9.197.19] script ‘/www/monitoring.iconicweb.com/webpagetest/benchmarks/cron.php’ not found or unable to stat

I’ve re-installed 2.6 twice, and the only cron.php found is located in /video not in /benchmarks. When I attempt to reuse it, I get an additional error about industry.ini.

Thoughts?

Ignore the benchmarks/cron.php error in the logs. The /benchmarks stuff is still experimental and isn’t related to the waterfalls not showing up.

Try going into common.inc and removing the error_reporting(0) and then re-visiting the waterfall page. Errors are being suppressed by default (you’ll want to turn it back on for normal operation for now).

Ignoring the /benchmarks errors, I don’t have any new errors even after making error_reporting(-1); to get any messages.

I know the php logging works as I’ve made it report startup information.

After having spent some time reading through your forums, my next try will be to reinstall gd library and rebuild php against a newer version.

Any other suggestions would be great. I’m currently using the gd library which comes with freetype.