IE8 browser closes instantly

Hi,

I’m having an issue with the IE test agent on Windows XP. urlBlast is polling for and receiving jobs successfully, but when the browser launches, the test URL appears in the location bar, but almost immediately IE closes and bad test results are sent back to the server.

Startup Delay is set to 30, and Timeout to 120.

The debug logs don’t show anything significant. Just that the data is posted less than a second after the test is started.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Andy.

Hmm, I’ve only seen that happen when IE Enhanced Security mode is installed (on server, never seen it on XP). What is the version number on pagetest.dll?

If you’re up to it I can provide a debug build that logs crazy amounts of information.

File version is 2.2.0.312

That would be great. Thanks, Patrick.

Andy.

You will need to make sure your server doesn’t have a version in the update folder or it will overwrite the test agent. Just rename or delete work/update.ini

You can download the debug build here: http://www.webpagetest.org/software/pagetest325d.zip

You will also need Debug View: DebugView - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs

Back up your existing pagetest.dll and replace it with the one from the zip file. Launch Debug View and then run a test as you normally would. You should see a TON of debug output. You can zip it up and post it here or mail it to me and I can see if anything jumps out.

Thanks,

-Pat