Missing Favicon Download

Hi. I’m looking at the test results and I don’t see any reference to the downloading of the favicon. See http://www.webpagetest.org/result/101204_1Q31/ - the BBC test results for example where the file is linked to from . Why is this?

Thanks, looks like it is missing from more than just the BBC test. I usually give favicon special treatment since it’s not under the pages control (if or when to download one). I’ll figure out what is going on later today and push a fix (along with details on what broke).

Thanks,

-Pat

ok, I figured out what’s going on but it may take a while to fix si it will be a couple of days. Apparently the WebBrowser control doesn’t download the favicon itself so I need to do it the same way IE does (most of the testing is done with a hosted IE instance instead of the full-blown process for several reasons).

I could switch to using the full browser but that will only work on XP and for IE7 and IE8 (for security reasons, we run the browser under a separate user account but IE 8 and later’s built-in low-rights support breaks the ability to run IE as a specific user).

I’ll have something up in the beginning of the week.

Thanks,

-Pat

Took longer than I had hoped but you should be good now for all locations except for New York and the IE9 tester in Dulles. Hopefully I’ll get the New York situation sorted out later today but IE9 is running a preview build that will not work as the standard browser so it’s going to be a special case until the next beta.

Thanks,

-Pat