New sticky notes on result pages

On the left side of the results pages (stuck to your browser frame) you should now see a “Stickr” button. You can use this for adding sticky notes to the results which should be very helpful for discussions about the results. I think you need to hover the button for the stickies to display so any existing notes may not show up by default.

Here is a sample I just put together: http://www.webpagetest.org/result/100922_6b4a5d661289ddca60a8fb6a6bc78b11/1/details/

For now the comments are wide-open and anonymous comments are allowed. If it starts to get abused I may eventually lock it down so only registered users can see and edit the comments or only allow them on private tests but I don’t think it will come to that.

Bonus points to Stickr for using async loading for their code snippet :slight_smile:

As always, feedback is welcome. If it causes problems it’s easy enough to rip out.

Thanks,

-Pat

Well, we’ll call that a failed experiment - just turned it off. I like the concept but there were problems with the execution I didn’t like (particularly the behavior of the tab when your mouse hovered over it).