Visual Comparison + SVN

Hi,

I have hosted pagetest 1.7 installed. I check out from SVN (119?) yesterday and applied over the top.

I am trying to run the visual comparison. It completes the five tests per site OK, and gives me the rows of snapshots.

However when I click on the link to generate a video comparison, I never get anything back. (it redirects to a wait screen, where I stay).

Is there a dependency that I need to install (I have avisynth filters installed)

Cheers
Steve

Sorry, to do the offline rendering of the videos requires installing some more software on the test system.

You need to install avisynth on the test machine (same one running urlblast) and you also need to put x264.exe (attached - though you’ll need to unzip it) in the same directory as urlblast.

The test machines (when configured with avisynth and x264) also do the offline rendering of the videos.

Thanks,

-Pat

x264: [attachment=34]

Hi,

I put the x264 file in my urlblast dir. Still not working. Maybe I need a new urlblast? I can see a zip file in the work/video dir, but it is not getting picked up (which I assume urlblast is doing as I can’t see anything in the php code

Cheers
Steve[hr]
FYI urlblast is 2.0.0.217

Latest build of urlblast from the tip is attached. You have avisynth on the test machine, not your desktop, right?

Thanks,

-Pat

Hi Pat,

Updating urlblast was it. It is all working 100%. Great!

Thanks
Steve

Hello,

i successfully installed webpagetest on a dedicated server (latest SVN)

• i have installed a windows client (XP pro 2002 SP3, this is a “selenium” machine)

the tests run well, i got screenshots and all features

Then, when i try to do video testing, the only thing i get is black screens, i only got ONE screenshot each time, this is strange because without video testing screenshots are ok.

any idea ?

thanks

Is the desktop visible during testing (i.e. not locked)? That is the behavior I see when the desktop is not logged in during the testing. The video capture does screen shots directly from the video card and if the desktop isn’t visible it fails. The normal screen captures (non-video) are done in a way that can work when the window isn’t visible but the overhead is too high to do it that way for the video capture.

-Pat

Hello, it works now, i’ll explain if people have the same problem :

we use virtual machine for webpagetest so we connect with windows remote desktop.

if i’m logged but the remote desktop is minimized, video functino is broken, if i’m logged and i’m in fullscreen into the remote desktop, it does works !

Thanks, i think there’s no other workaround since screenshots are took from the video card but if you have one …