Wordpress Template : Any suggestion ?

Hi

Occasionally I’ve to build a website and has been 2-3years I dont do it.

Im just a wordpress user so Im not good with coding and so.

I know all the tips but what I find hard is picking up the right theme.

Time ago I did a website, tons of content but it was coded so bad that was slow and penalized by google for that.

Themeforest reviews doesnt count, even top selling templates are bad so I think its better asking here if someone has some personal experience.

Im looking for a template that is fast and that has good seo structure

Thanks a lot.

Ps : tryed avada - divi etc but they are slow and full of code that u dont need.

BTW Ive to build a website for my company, need to show 100 pages of services we do etc.

Thanks for any reply and sorry for my english :slight_smile:

anyone could help me ? thanks a lot

That depends, are you looking for one that is good for the loading speeds? If not, you’re asking at the wrong place.

At any rate you should try these
W3 Total Cache – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org
Aqua SVG Sprite – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org
EWWW Image Optimizer – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org
BJ Lazy Load – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

yes speed, I aim always to get gtmetrix near 100% and load speed very fast.

thanks

Hi,

I am using GeneratePress (premium) - however, even the free version is ultra FAST.
Extremely well coded.
Google it and you will find reviewes all over the place.

Good luck.

1 Like

I get good results with mobile-first CyberChimps Responsive Pro (premium) theme. Their free theme is very good also if you just want to try it out: Buy Responsive Pro WordPress Theme

Previously I built several sites based upon custom speed-optimized versions of Wordpress Twenty Seventeen. An excellent article on greatly improving download speed can be found here: Cheat speed tests using stripped-down Twenty-seventeen theme. – Everyone hates a slow website!

Best of luck, Dennis

Hi there,

I also have the same problem when looking for the Wordpress template. In my experience, You must look for the best one with the continuous update. Because WordPress need to update frequently in order to keep it secure and fast.

The template should not too much beautiful because it will be heavy in coding and not easy to optimize.

I can recommend to you the Flatsome theme

And here is our Vietnamese online Store Website which we are using Flat Some now.

I hope it could help

Steve

Hi,

Actually, it’s not very hard to optimize any theme or template for WordPress, you can do this easily by implementing some “free” plugin and you’ll get a very fast website.

Here is a how-to detailed information :heart:

Here’s a list of free plugins from the WP Repo that we’ve found which help drastically speed up your website’s loading metrics:

Shift8 CDN – 100% Free CDN - Shift8 CDN – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

Flying Scripts - Download and execute JavaScript on user interaction - Flying Scripts – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

EWWW – Optimize images with your server resources (free) - EWWW Image Optimizer – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

Flying Pages - preloads pages before the user clicks on it - Flying Pages – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

OMGF - Host Google Fonts Locally - OMGF | GDPR Compliant, Faster Google Fonts. Easy. – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

Freesoul Deactivate Plugins – stop plugins on a per page basis (we do this for WooCommerce sites) - Freesoul Deactivate Plugins – Plugin manager and cleanup – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

WC Speed Drain Repair – WooCommerce specific optimization plugin - https://wordpress.org/plugins/wc-speed-drain-repair/

Speed Up – Optimize CSS Delivery - Speed Up – Optimize CSS Delivery – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

GPI – Google PageSpeed Insights on the backend WP dashboard - https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-pagespeed-insights/

Swift Performance Lite - All in one free speed plugin - Swift Performance Lite – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

WP Disable – reduce HTTP requests - Reduce HTTP Requests, Disable Emojis & Disable Embeds, Speedup WooCommerce – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

ADC – Advanced Database Cleaner - Advanced Database Cleaner – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

Lazy Load For Videos - replaces embedded YouTube and Vimeo videos with a clickable preview image (no JS load unless necessary) - Lazy Load for Videos – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

If you have any other suggestions, drop a comment!

I agree with jikichris above. The free version of generate press is 110 KB +/-. That would be a good place to start. Try to keep plugin use to a minimum. That said, even the bundled theme in the latest version of wordpress is pretty good.