I’ve downloaded and setup an instance of WebPageTest 2.0, and it worked great in an all-in-one windows server.
I then moved on to setup a linux server running the web part only, and that works, but one thing I can’t make work are the generated images, like the waterfall images.
If I ask for a URL like: http:///result/100918_6/1_waterfall_thumb.png
I get a 500 error and no image nor other info. This link is from the results page of a sample test.
A few more details to help troubleshoot:
- I’m using Ubuntu Server 10.04, Apache 2.2.14, and php5 (client is windows XP)
- URL rewriting looks like it works, getting to this URL: http:///thumbnail.php?test=100918_6&run=1&file=1_waterfall.png
- I’m not getting any other errors in the web sever logs, even when switching to “debug” level
- The test itself and the textual result seem fine
- The following files are in the results folder of that test:
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated…
btw, I came across a few other issues I managed to resolve, once the full system works I’ll post those for the benefit of future installers