Specify the client hostname

Unfortunately, I didn’t got how to specify which client to use on the server.

I have renamed the .sample files in the settings directory and configured some of them according to my needs, but I don’t get where to configure the hostname/IP of the Windows client to use.

Could someone provide my some hints or an example of a working configuration to change? I thought that the configuration should have been in the locations.ini file, but with no luck:

[locations]
1=client.domain.it
default=client.domain.it

[client.domain.it]
1=Test_IE
2=Test_Chrome
default=Test_IE
label=Internal Network

[Test_IE]
browser=IE 9
;browserExe=pagetest.exe
latency=0
label=“Internet Explorer 9”
key=domaindomain

[Test_Chrome]
browser=Chrome
latency=0
label=“Chrome”
;key=TestKey123

Now, after depressing the Start button on the home page, I get a page where the “Url:” and “From:” elements show no values, and the Testing… meter shows no progresses at all.

The server does not send directly to the clients. The clients connect to the server and poll for work based on the location name (and multiple clients can pull work from a given location).

What you are describing sounds like a permissions issue on the server. The apache user needs to be able to write to the following directories:

/temp
/results
/work/jobs

Thanks,

-Pat

Thank you Pat for your quick response, you’re right it was a permission problem on the server (better, it were some problems on the name of the directories).