TTFB on a Win2008 server & IIS 7

Hi,

I am running a IIS7 based website at www.swedcham.eu. It runs on WordPress 3.5, PHP 5.4 and MySQL 5.1. I can observe that TTFB is pretty long even after I have optimized MySQL and installed W3 Total Cache. It seems clear that after the TTFB the rest looks fine but I winder if you have any idea what can be tha cause. I am running this on a Win2008 platform on my own server with a 2X30M fiber based connection and it surprises me a bit to see this. I don’t want to just hide the problem behind an efficient cache but to find the reasons for this delay. Anybody who have any previous experience in this and may advise on this issue?
Thank you!

Julian

Try putting a mostly empty php file that just does shomething like:

<?php
echo "hello";
?>

And try loading that to see what the first byte time looks like. I know it’s possible to make IIS serve wordpress fast but I have never had luck getting php performing well under IIS so it may take some searching to nail down.

Thank you! I’ve tried and as expected the result is ok. 628 ms WebPageTest Test - Running web page performance and optimization tests...
So I guess you are right and the slow loading depends on IIS or/and PHP/MySQL…
Well this being said I have no idea how to go to the next step. Would this be a sole IIS problem maybe?
The server is double Xeon 2.46 processor with 8G of RAM and performs well anytime.
Do you have any previous experience in situations like this?

Thank you! And Merry Christmas to all of you here!

Julian

Is your slow query log enabled?

How long are the DB queries on the home page taking?

Hi Andy,

Thank you for the answer. The log says :"# Query_time: 2.336765 Lock_time: 0.000000 Rows_sent: 8 Rows_examined: 8
use /databasename… );
SET timestamp=1355919049;
SHOW INDEX FROM wp_posts;

So that was then. It took me some time to realize that I had installed a cache utility called Helicon APE one of the best on the market in my opinion while I was using w3 Total Cache too… That was the problem. Next move I have disabled first and tested the webpage without Total Cache and time was dramatically improved. Then I uninstall it and now everything works fine… Still have to tune MySQL but it seems far easier now…

Thank you all!

Julian

Thank you!

Julian

hi,

I have the same problem like you and use helicon ape too.
on my wordpress page I have no problem with the ttfb, but on my webshop…

did you find a solution?

thx and regards
oggy