Valid locations for automating pagetests?

Hello,

Regarding automating pagetests: Pagetest download | SourceForge.net

I’d like to use a specific location, but I can’t seem to find the valid entries for the “location” field on the wiki or in the forums.

Any ideas?

regards,
/Magnus

Sorry, I just updated the wiki page with a section at the bottom that lists the valid locations.

When automating the public instance please be sure to be considerate of the system and other people using it (using cron to run tests every 5 minutes for example would be a bad idea). As long as you’re not abusing it feel free to automate away but I reserve the right to put in blocks if it looks like it is getting abused.

Thanks,

-Pat

OK, thanks for the info.

I understand that it would be a bad idea to run tests too often. If I submit tests to be executed 2-3 times per day would that be considered to much? I have about 5-10 sites I’d like to test and probably not all sites every day.

regards,
Magnus

That rate isn’t a problem (particularly if you can avoid doing a large number of runs for each test). The Dulles DSL location has a LOT more testing capacity than any other location so I’ll keep an eye out to see how the other locations hold up. If you could schedule your tests for a time that would have minimal location on those locations (say, midnight in each local time) it would be even better :slight_smile: I understand wanting time-coincident results though so picking a time that optimizes for UK and NZ in particular (if you are testing from there) would be optimal.

Thanks,

-Pat