Allowed Frequency of Automated Tests

I have 8 URLs I’d like to use in an automated test by calling WebPageTest.

I have a process that can hit each URL at a scheduled time. If I were to schedule to have each URL hit weekly, would it be an issue?

Is there a point at which webpagetest.org begins to care about someone hogging resources? I don’t think I’d ever need to go more frequently than weekly, but I may want to add additional URLs at some point.

Thanks.

Weekly would be fine (and if you could do it on Saturday or Sunday that would be even better because there is minimal usage over the weekend). There is no hard limit but if I see what looks like automation causing problems for users manually using it I put in a block (and you’ll get a friendly message asking you to contact me). To get hit with something like that we’re talking running a bunch of urls every couple of hours.

I do have some protections in place so that automated submissions run at a lower priority than interactive tests so it is really just a matter of not burying the testing infrastructure (and some possible concerns about the storage).

Are you using the automation interface? - http://www.webperformancecentral.com/wiki/WebPagetest/Automating_Pagetest
it makes it a lot easier to automate with scripts.

Thanks,

-Pat