Improving page load

Overall I’m getting good results but there are a few things showing up in my result now that I’m not familiar with:

Chrome
Firefox
IE 11
Safari

Blocking scripts - I know what CSS and JavaScript are but I’m not sure how to “eliminate” them without causing a problem. I read the content on Google and tried inlining a CSS file and my page went to crap. I need help on how to do this right.

CDN and Caching - I have rules in my .htaccess file and there is evidence of this showing in my test results. What more do I need to do?

Compression - I was trying to use Gzip for font files but it wasn’t cooperating, and I’m not sure why. So I’ve deleted the zip files for now. Why would this not be reading right?

I’d appreciate the input. I’m using Google PageSpeed and trying to get this working optimally. Thank you.

Just in case you still haven’t solved this, you can try some of the following:

• You have too many requests, you might be better off if you minify and combine Javascript and CSS with tools like UglifyJS/UglifyCSS or Google Closure tools. I see you use Wordpress, there should be plugins for that already available
  • use progressive JPEGs for the images and try to reduce their size/quality if possible
  • Also try to use CSS sprites to combine multiple images into a single bigger one
  • only use a CDN if you have enough traffic to keep the caches warm and if it saturates your bandwidth