I did a search but couldn’t find the subject and just so you know am very new in this area.
I got here because google developer’s speed test results show this error:
The URL was fetched, but nothing was rendered. d. Ensure that the URL points to an HTML page that loads successfully in a web browser.
This site webpagetest.org shows that my site is rendering. Now it’s very confusing and super frustrating because webmaster tools is not indexing the sitemap and the site has been dropping in the ratings ever since.
It’s a joomla site and I have checked every single component then rebuilt the site when I found out it was a core hack that might have caused it.
The new site was rendering for a minute but now I am back to square one. Is there anybody who can give me an insight on how to solve the problem and make sure that the site is also rendered? I would really appreciate it. I am at my wits end.
I have tested your site with developper tools in Google Chrome > page speed and it works.
And I tested with pingdom.com -its an other good free tool and got this results:
Load your site from my browser (germany) …all quiet normal
Thank you. Sorry for replying so late but I really appreciate it and just kept on researching.
Is what you are telling me that you don’t see the error when doing the test? It’s very strange because I too use google chrome and still see the error. So I tried IE and even my Ipad with the same result. I have no clue why.
I can see the ping and it works on other tests as well but the error just doesn’t sit well with me because it’s google and unfortunately they have the power when it comes to finding my site and it just keeps on dropping in the rating.
I did some more research and here is the proof that it is google serious. In WMT when I use fetch as google the render the page it is blank.
Instead of the message “This is how Google fetched your page” in the rendering tab, I see the message:
Googlebot type: Desktop (render requested) and the tab is empty.
I really hope someone can help.
There is a discussion group for PageSpeed Indights that the developers monitor: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/pagespeed-insights-discuss
You’re probably best-off asking over there so see if they can identify why it’s not loading.
You might also want to reach out to your hosting company and make sure the requests from Google’s IP’s aren’t getting blocked for some reason.
Thanks. I already posted a thread see: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/pagespeed-insights-discuss/The$20URL$20was$20fetched$2C$20but$20nothing$20was$20rendered/pagespeed-insights-discuss/NZ5zh2wDkb8/4wXrtF1Th0MJ
and my hosting company is probably already sick of me firing questions. They said there is nothing they can do.
So it might be a local thing.
I am not sure what is going on but I think it really affects my ratings badly. When you type in search: going-natural.com my facebook page will come up first and over all I am lost in the se. Very troubling.
Teh Page Analysis Tab of http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/dasIv7/http://going-natural.com
says Connection Error 5. Anybody knows what it means?
There were 5 requests to Facebook content that failed to connect. If you look at the waterfall they are marked as red.
That said, looking at your robots.txt, I’m pretty sure that’s your problem: http://going-natural.com/robots.txt
You are blocking Google from accessing a bunch of the directories where your page content is served from (some of your css/js comes from plugins and modules).
I’d recommend trimming down that robots.txt to actually only block the things you really need to protect.
I also tied that. Commenting out some of the directories but the result is still the same.
In fact the robots.txt passes the test in GWT: 0 Errors 0 Warnings
See one of the tests that I tried:
Oh, there are no ERRORS in the robots.txt, I was just pointing out that it was blocking a good chunk of your code and that might be what is blocking Page Speed Insights and Google’s render.
I don’t think Google updates it’s view of your robots.txt immediately so you might have to wait for a bit after making the change to actually see it reflected. The robots.txt tester in webmaster tools will tell you when it last updated it.
Last time was this morning so I will wait a little and check again later. I don’t believe it is this but I really hope that is it. It would be so wonderful.