urlblast - reboot

Hi,

ive found that urlblast does not write out the log file to the format specified (date machine ect) until it is closed (i know it copies it over).

So i thought i would use the “reboot after” option, but it has never worked.

Have i missed something?

I had a problem where the transaction log file grew to 2.5 gig, and cached times look worse than uncached.

I assume you’re saying that is doesn’t upload the log files until you exit? There are a few entries in the ini file that control the log files:

; Log file - _iewtr.txt and iewpg.txt will be appended automatically
; %MACHINE% can be used as a placeholder for the local machine name
Log File=c:\urlblast\urlBlast
%MACHINE%

; Upload logs every X minutes
; 0 will indicate to not upload the logs
; This will delete the local logs and create a new file in the destination
; folder with the log results from the most recent interval
;Upload logs interval=1

; File name of the uploaded logs
; %MACHINE% can be used as a placeholder for the local machine name
; %DATE% can be used as a placeholder for the date (i.e. 20070123 for 1/23/07)
; %TIME% can be used as a placeholder for the time (i.e. 140100 for 2:01.00 pm)
; %TESTID% can be used as a placeholder for the test ID
; %CONFIGID% can be used as a placeholder for the config ID
; Combine all 3 if you want a unique file name, otherwise existing logs will be appended to
; iewtr.txt and iewpg.txt will be added automatically
; The directory must already exist and will not be automatically created
;
; Additional locations can be specified as “Upload log file 2”, “Upload log file 3”, …
Upload log file=c:\urlblast%DATE%
%TIME%
%MACHINE%-%TESTID%-%CONFIGID%
;Upload log file 2=c:%DATE%%TIME%%MACHINE%-%TESTID%-%CONFIGID%-2

If you don’t specify an interval for the log files to be uploaded they will stay local until you exit.

Hi Patrick,

yes, i have the upload log interval set to 60 mins, it never “uploads” the log.

At the point i stop urlblast it copies whatever is in the *_IEWPG.txt and *_IEWTR.txt files to the name format i specified in the log file name directive.

Seeing that behaviour i thought id get urlblast to reboot every x minutes, to force the output of the log, but that option isnt working either. It never reboots.

Cheers,

Stuart.

Can you send your urlblast.ini and urls.txt file to me at pmeenan@webpagetest.org? I’ll debug it and see what is going wrong.

I use the automatic rebooting on the testers for webpagetest and we use the url uploading for regular testing at AOL so there must be something I’m missing that isn’t configured right.

Thhanks,

-Pat

Can you send your urlblast.ini and urls.txt file to me at pmeenan@webpagetest.org? I’ll debug it and see what is going wrong.

I use the automatic rebooting on the testers for webpagetest and we use the url uploading for regular testing at AOL so there must be something I’m missing that isn’t configured right.

Thhanks,

-Pat

Hi HSI.
Just read your post and came to know regarding the boot log problem that you
are facing, its a serious problem as the whole system functioning are saved in it.
Thanks for sharing your problem with us and stay connect.